We currently have an opening for a Veterinarian at our commercial breeding facillity at our Cumberland, VA site. Some of the duties include:
- Provide medical and surgical care by examination, treatment and advice to ensure adequate and humane veterinary support of the commercial breeding and holding population at this site.
- Assist supervisor to ensure that company policies and practices regarding animal care and welfare are in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Assist in training of staff.
- Serve on the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, as needed.
- Performs physical examinations of animals as indicated in protocols and SOP’s.
- Performs ophthalmic or other veterinary examinations on animals.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.