The Covance Product Design team provides applied research, consultation, and contract product development services for food, beverage, and nutrition and supplement industries. It specializes in the idea generation, rapid prototyping, final formulation, process engineering, product analysis, and commercialization of new products. Covance Food Solutions, formerly International Food Network, is looking to add an Associate Food Scientist to our team. The Associate Food Scientist focuses on prototype formulation, understanding ingredient functionality, and working with suppliers to source ingredients for new products. Associate Food Scientist also support pilot plant production runs, shelf life studies, and learn the basic requirements to produce GMP products for testing.
This position is the entry point for individuals with a recent MS diploma in Food Technology/Food Science. Additional duties for this role include:
• Masters of Sciences degree in Food Science or an allied science is required
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science or allied science with a minimum of one year practical experience
• Demonstrates understanding of food GMP’s and FDA requirements for process adequacy.
• Basic knowledge of computers and software programs
• Must be able to work with both lab and pilot scale food processing machinery.
• Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines.
• Some project management skills.
• Ability to conduct review of related literature and references to obtain the required information and subsequently apply it.
• Effective communication (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for the best to lead the best. Covance provides international testing, consumer testing and Product Design services to clients in the pharmaceutical, food, biotechnology and chemical services industries. Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture You will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team. You will have the ability to influence and be a part of building a group.