Covance is now hiring for a Global Scientific Director of Flow Cytometry at our Indianapolis site to lead the scientific activities and initiatives that support Global Testing Services related to flow cytometry. This individual will be responsible for client interactions, providing technical expertise and will play a critical role in the development of new flow cytometry ventures for CLS Global Testing Services.
Ph.D. in scientific area of expertise with 12 years or more of experience in the scientific area of expertise (Genomics, Flow cytometry, Histology and Anatomic Pathology, etc…) used in clinical studies.
Board certification in scientific area of expertise.
• 12 years of experience within scientific area of expertise. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirements above.
• Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
• Proven track record of analytical method development and analytical validation.
• Development and implementation of technical processes to improve the quality, efficiency and/or productivity of global Laboratory Science.
Revised: January 2015 Page 2 of 3
• Demonstrated ability to develop of new technology or enhance existing technology to maximize scientific/operational capabilities.
• Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
• Knowledge of clinical laboratory automation, system software, Microsoft applications, and laboratory statistics.
• Effective communication skills with technical staff, business development staff, peers and clients.
• Attention to detail and interpretation of scientific data.
• Demonstrated problem prevention, detection and resolution.