Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
The Pipefitter will repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and provide recommended solutions to all facility/utility systems related equipment such as boilers, chillers, air handlers, pumps, all plant water systems, steam systems, air compressors, waste water treatment facility and fire service equipment.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Perform all aspects of corrective and preventive work orders.
- Repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and provide recommended solutions for all plumbing systems such as domestic water, sanitary sewer, irrigation and drains.
- Hydro test and pressure test repaired equipment.
- Repair, install and troubleshoot PVC, galvanized, copper, stainless steel, carbon steel and iron piping systems.
- Manage and coordinate major installation or repair projects.
- Perform Backflow Preventer maintenance as mandated by the state regulations.
- Perform basic excavation needs by use of backhoe.
- Coaches and advises less experienced staff to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Accurately documents corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Interacts professionally with all staff in planning corrective actions.
- Procure materials for assignments.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances.
- Climbing ladders and working in confined spaces may be necessary.
- Exposure to greases, oil, solvents, additives, and live steam may be expected.
- Must be able to work in animal room environments.
- Exposure to external temperature and weather extremes on occasion.