Covance wants you! Are you ready to start your career in the world of drug discovery? Covance's Bio analytical team is hiring several entry-level analysts for their laboratory in Madison, WI.
This is great experience for a recent science grad whose looking for a foot-in-the door to the pharmaceutical industry. We offer job flexibility, full benefits, and most importantly a work environment that foster creativity and career growth.
Individuals with previous lab experience, specifically HPLC and/or GC is preferred, but not required. Knowledge and experience of basic scientific principles, documentation of work and pipetting are essential.
In this role you will...
• Determine the concentration of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients within a variety of matrices via LC-MS in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
• Learn how to document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
• Learn how to use laboratory equipment appropriate for assigned tasks.
• Attends and participates in project meetings.
• Learn to perform QC review of data.
• Learn to recognize deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
• Learn to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
• Contribute to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
• Support process improvement initiatives.
• Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Learn to interact with internal clients.
• Associates degree in biotechnology or science related field
• Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field.
• Experience may be substituted for education.
• Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
• Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
No experience required