Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
We are presently hiring a Client Services Manager for our San Diego, CA, Greenfield, IN or Gaithersburg, MD location.
The Program Manager will anticipate and respond to day-to-day client requests. Work with clients on program planning. Write and review client deliverables, including but not limited to program reports, memos, contracts, and change orders. Lead routine client meetings and participate in other client meetings (via teleconference and in-person) and sales force training programs as appropriate.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with internal functional groups (Operations, RSG consultants, IT, Finance, BP&S, among others) to effectively manage client programs. Communicate client needs to appropriate staff. Identify and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Understand and communicate contracted program performance metrics, including Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), client expectations and goals to the operations team. Coordinate with operations management to develop program-specific plans to achieve metrics by making recommendations. Monitor program adherence to the contract.
- Participate in training operations staff on client expectations (voice of the client) in program design, day-to-day operations and changes in program scope. Provide regular feedback to operations staff, supervisors and directors regarding training needs or other operational changes. Understand program processes and support the development of program specific procedures (PSPs). Understand program database to support client needs.
- Manage programs for profitability. Review program budgets, proformas, and prepare client invoices. Monitor program volume to adjust internal revenue forecasts and communicate changes to appropriate parties. Collaborate with CMA clients to monitor volume trends and track program budgets. Work internally with the operations team to identify and implement process improvements to resolve budget issues, maintain appropriate contribution margins (CMs) and drive efficiency.
- Support new program launches and initiatives.
- Participate in account review/strategic planning exercises with the account director and executive sponsor.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to drive sales and grow revenue by identifying new business opportunities based on CMA services. Develop change orders and proposals and participate in tasks related to new business opportunities (RFP responses and sales pitches).
- Provide leadership in CMA initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.