Covance's BioA Laboratory is hiring a QA Manager for their team in Salt Lake City. People management experience and at least 8 years of GXP quality experience is required.
Essential Job Duties (* indicates potential direct client interaction)
• Plays a lead role in representing Covance during inspections by external bodies (both clients and national regulators).*
• Enhances Covance’s external profile, and develops an effective network, through active participation in external industry and regulatory forums.*
• Responsibility for QA operations at a single site or across multiple sites, typically with up to 15 staff in total.*
• Accountable for budgetary planning and cost control for their assigned areas of responsibility.
• Designs and delivers training as necessary to enhance regulatory awareness within their area(s) of responsibility.
• Accountable for design and implementation of local audit practices that fulfill regulatory requirements.
• Responsibility to use the resources at their disposal to effectively identify potential compliance issues in a timely manner, and ensure they are reported to the appropriate levels of management in order to achieve satisfactory resolution for the business.
• Leads process improvement and harmonization efforts that promote best practices.
• Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree; degree in a science field is preferred (e.g. chemistry, biology, animal science)
• Recognised qualifications to support proficiency in basic maths and english (precise details will be dependent on the country of location).
• Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
|All candidates would be considered on their own respective merits, but the following is the typical level of experience held by individuals in this position:|
• At least 8 years experience in a GxP-regulated environment.
• Experience of people management and leadership roles