In this role, the PM will provide internal and external Clients with a central point of contact for projects. The individual is accountable for leading the Project teams to ensure that Client requirements and deliverables are met. This involves end to end management of a project, encompassing effective management of Client communication and use of the appropriate tools to ensure the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and completion of projects. In support of a project, a PM will assist with study costing and contract requests and is accountable for financial tracking and reconciliation of projects. We are looking for Project Managers with experience in a Bioanalytical CRO or pharmaceutical company.
- Oversees and participates in the on-boarding process of new clients.
- Participates in the Client enquiry / project initiation process. Contribute to the generation of Client specific proposals following the triage process, support associated conference calls and Client visits, focusing on standard and more complex projects.
- As applicable, prepare time lines to support the quote process in conjunction with Client Services and Operations.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the project work for internal/external customers.
- Lead collaborative discussions with client and scientific teams to fully define the project requirements. Effectively communicate requirements to the project team.
- Leads project update meetings; assigns actions and monitors progress to ensure project progression with respect to compliance with agreed schedules and scope.
Monitoring & Controlling
- Where applicable, maintains well documented, organized, and up-to-date study files including schedules, protocols, and correspondence. & Controlling.
- Maintains detailed financial projections, revenue recognition information, and invoicing details.
- Participate in the Governance of Client projects by providing detailed information to support the process and meetings.
- Follow up with Clients during and after project completion to determine satisfaction levels and to gain insight into ways to improve our service offering. Utilise CAIR process and NPS data to address internal / Client issues.
- At the end of a project phase or at close of the project, close out all project tracking tools.
- Employ effective general management and interpersonal skills to manage the relationship within project teams with an emphasis on the client.
- Able to coordinate, schedule, and manage projects both locally and globally.
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, and crises without neglecting other responsibilities.
- Identifies and participates in process improvement initiatives within the PMO and associated business. Leads process improvements within the Covance organization.
- A comprehensive understanding of the processes involved in the production of protocols, SOPs, analytical procedures, working documents, forms, reports, data evaluation and Client/QA audits is required.