The Security Officer ensures the integrity and proper operating condition of all installed security systems.
We currently have a 1st and 3rd shift position open at our Madison, WI site. The Security Officer position will require overtime and weekend work.
• Requires High school diploma or equivalent.
• Certification in First Aid, CPR, AED and Safe Handling and Transportation of Hazardous Materials (must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment)
• Ability to read and record information accurately.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft products
• Demonstrated quality and customer service skills.
• Completion of FEMA ISC 100, 200, 700 & 800 courses
• Certification in Compliance, Direction, Takedown (CDT) or equivalent
• Tactical Communications (Verbal Judo) Certification or equivalent
• Completion of Police Science or Criminal Justice Associates Degree
• 0-1 years experience in a Security related field
V. Working Conditions:
• Able to lift 50 pounds and carry up to 5o feet and repeat process up to 5 times
• Able to walk for 45 minutes at a pace of at least 3.0mph
• Able to walk or stand up to 50% of a shift.
• Ability to respond quickly to the site of an emergency within the Covance campus, including ability to render appropriate emergency aid upon arrival at the scene:
o Able to briskly walk/jog at 4.0 mph for 2 minutes then sprint for 30 seconds and repeat process 4 times
o Able to pull 150 lb. dummy 50 feet
o Able to perform 5 minutes of CPR immediately following 2 minute walk/jog at 4.0mph and sprint of 30 seconds.
• Ability to work at Security Station or Command Center for long periods of time. (50% of shift)
• Able to pass annual re-test of above physical requirements/working conditions.
VI. Special Factors:
• Flexible working hours as required including overtime and weekend work.
• Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
• Must possess a current state security license (where required by state law)
��� May be exposed to potentially hazardous materials.