Covance is hiring an EHS Coordinator to join their team in Indianapolis, IN.
If you have strong communication skills, excellent presentation skills and are an intermediate Microsoft Office Suite user, this is a great way to join our global team and grow your career.
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides technical and advanced administrative support to the EHS organization within their assigned region to relieve and assist executive, administrative, line and staff managers of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Performs analytical, administrative, organizational, customer interaction and problem solving tasks for the regional EHS team. Work is generally of a critical, confidential or regulatory nature.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Serves as a regional liaison to EHS by representing the department to internal and external customers. Takes the initiative to handle problems or questions (e.g., training, vaccination, or other medical documentation requests) that require judgment and discretion.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where independent action, within guidelines, and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations. May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks.
- Arranges and oversees administrative, logistical and hospitality aspects of regional EHS department meetings, including preparing agendas and minutes as well as making the necessary business travel arrangements, preparing agendas, compiling and distributing materials, and recording meeting minutes.
- Manages and maintains filing systems, including confidential records, ensuring compliance with applicable EHS regulations and standards and Covance policies and protocols.
- Researches, compiles and may analyze data (e.g., monthly safety data, injury analysis, EHS performance reports, EHS strategic plans)
- Independently manages assigned projects for EHS.
- Screens and responds to incoming calls, email and other highly sensitive communications. Screens visitors and addresses or redirects inquiries and information requests.
- Prepares a variety of high quality correspondence, complex presentations and reports, written agreements, memos, letters, and other documents of a regulatory or confidential nature. Coordinates activities between EHS and other parties internal and external. Contacts company employees at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports.
- Serves as primary administrative liaison and point of reference for EHS staff, other internal contacts to the EHS leader, consultants, and other external contacts.
- May manage, plan and organize EHS leader’s (e.g., Associate Director/Director) daily calendar. Makes travel arrangements in the form of scheduling and coordinating international and domestic travel logistics; processing expense reports.
- Prepares, edits and distributes itineraries, letters, memos and meeting minutes and keep track of RSVPs for events and meetings proactively ensuring that things are not overlooked.
- Makes decisions regarding the scheduling, postponement, or changing of health surveillance appointments with internal/external clinics.
- Prepares EHS reports for internal customers with a high level of initiative, coordinating with other staff members and prioritizing with daily routine functions, in order to meet deadlines.
- Orders necessary office supplies and maintains inventory. Creates purchase orders and submits invoices for payment.
- Performs other assignments/special projects on an as needed basis.