Covance is seeking a Metabolism Supervisor III to lead its Invitro Team at its Madison, WI location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Schedules staff and assigns resources.
- Prepares technical reports for clients, as appropriate.
- Identifies resource needs, develops purchasing plans, and coordinates installation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and space, as applicable.
- Reviews data, as applicable.
- Reviews cost estimates; compiles and provides revenue and forecast information to appropriate Covance staff, as applicable.
- Assures staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Develops appropriate training plans and ensures staff are trained.
- Performs general human resources responsibilities, including recruitment activities, performance evaluations, and progressive discipline. Provides guidance to other supervisory staff regarding these responsibilities.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- May act as front line contact for internal and external clients.
- Acts as mentor to other staff. Trains staff in operational processes and procedures.
- Applies expertise in operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex equipment or software.
- Evaluates financial and scheduling data pertinent to scientific operations, identifies potential issues, and recommends solutions.
- Establishes and leads teams to identify process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- Contributes to the establishment and implementation of staff development and operational goals.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.