|Are you a science major student looking to get ahead in the field of microbiology?|
Covance is currently seeking a Microbiology Technician for the Food Safety Department at the Battle Creek, MI site.
Preventing exposure to harmful pathogens and food-borne illnesses is important work. We provide several microbiology testing solutions that ensure the safety of our client’s consumers, including pathologen testing, quantitative assays, and allergen testing. Work alongside industry leaders to gain hands on experience that will give you real world experience.
Training is provided for this role. You must be comfortable with working with food. This is a great role to start a career working in a microbiology laboratory! Hours are flexible up to 20 hours per week.
• Media preparation and quality control, including all appropriate documentation.
• Autoclave operation.
• Learn proper handling procedures and aseptic technique.
• Prepare composites of routine samples.
• Perform initial dilutions of samples.
• Performs routine cleaning and quality checks for equipment.
• Performs routine cleaning of work areas.
• Maintains inventory levels and helps to stock supplies.
• Learns how to document work and maintain laboratory records.
• Learns to plan for assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
• Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
• Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
• Picking up samples from client sites
• Performs other related duties as assigned