Covance's Nutritional Chemistry labs are seeking a Supervisor I for their Sugars group.
In this role you will supervise the activities of scientific and operational staff responsible for analysis of samples and validation projects. You also may be may be required to assume responsibilities of Site Operations in the absence of the Site Operations Head. Strong people leadership and communication skills are essential for this role.
- Schedules staff and assigns resources. Identifies resource needs and coordinates installation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and space, as applicable.
- Reviews data, as applicable.
- Prepares technical report for clients, as applicable.
- Reviews cost estimates; compiles and provides revenue and forecast information to appropriate Covance staff, as applicable.
- Assures staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Develops appropriate training plans and ensures staff are trained.
- Develops expertise in operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex equipment or software.
- Performs general human resources responsibilities, including recruitment activities, performance evaluations, and progressive discipline.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- May act as front line contact for internal and external clients.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.