Covance is hiring an Administrative Assistant to support their ClinicalOperations site.
If you have an Associates and are IT savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with excellent communicatoin skills and problem solving ability, find out why Covance is a great way to grow your career and join an industry leader!
Scientific knowlege or experience working with medical or lab personnel is preferred!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative support and related duties which are broad, varied, and often of a complex/confidential manner such as handling telephone calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, completing Expense Reports, composes/types correspondence, etc.
- Coordinates and assists with various meetings/minutes (e.g. Management-Staff Meeting, Operations Meeting, etc.).
- Supports department’s efforts on scheduling activities including client visits travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, agendas, etc.
- Maintains departmental files including but not limited to training files, client contract files, and project files.
- Provides general administrative support for CRU staff (e.g. opening mail, screening phone calls, correspondence, photocopying, and filing).
- Responsible for all archiving of clinical and supporting data.
- Performs all ordering and receipt for clinical supplies for the unit.
- Performs general bookkeeping duties, as required (e.g. coding invoices for payment).
- Prepares client related correspondence for shipment.
- Handles disbursements and monthly reconciliation of the Purchase Card.
- Supports department’s efforts on scheduling activities as needed.
- Serves as a backup for the front desk and receptionist responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned.