Covance is currently seeking a Microbiology Technician for the Madison, WI site. This is an entry level role supporting Nutritional Chemistry and Food Safety. This position is for 2nd shift Tuesday - Saturday.
As a Microbiolgy Technician your responsibilities include the following:
- Media preparation and quality control, including all appropriate documentation.
- Autoclave operation.
- Learn proper handling procedures and aseptic technique.
- Prepare composites of routine samples.
- Perform initial dilutions of samples.
- Performs routine cleaning and quality checks for equipment.
- Performs routine cleaning of work areas.
- Maintains inventory levels and helps to stock supplies.
- Learns how to document work and maintain laboratory records.
- Learns to plan for assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Picking up samples from client sites
- Performs other related duties as assigned.