The Staff Accountant position is located in the Covance Madison, Wisconsin Office.
A sign-on bonus is a vailable for this position when you join the Covance team!
The Staff Accountant will perform accounting activities in the areas of general ledger and financial reporting, expense analysis, inventory, capital projects, audit, and other related reconciliations.
• Performs general ledger responsibilities including analytical review of expenses, accruals, etc. and related journal entries.
• Assists with month-end closing activities for several Covance companies.
• Prepares monthly financial reports, quarterly SEC schedules and other financial schedules or analyses as assigned
• Analyzes budgets vs. actual performance data; and assists with interpretation of variances.
• Completes monthly account reconciliations, identify key causes of variances and drive resolution of outstanding items.
• Monitors inventory transactions and collaborates with operational managers to reconcile inventory ledger.
• Prepares annual tax schedules as required by Corporate.
• Performs measures to monitor and control capital expenditures and fixed assets.