The Director of Client Services, Global Clinical Development is responsible for producing winning proposals with specific client focused strategies and commercial mindset. Critical functions include collaboration with clinical and scientific experts, SMEs, and business development executives across the organization to obtain information and assist in a successful win. The ideal candidate has significant experience in Clinical Phase I-IV patient trial proposals and brings a global commercial mindset to the opportunity, but not limited to the following:
Directs the Global Clinical Development proposal team operation from RFP receipt through proposal development and delivery by:
- Setting the vision, determining the strategy, and holding self and team accountable.
- Planning a global resource and workforce strategy to achieve agreed-upon service levels.
- Managing the interfaces between the overall Client Services Team, Proposal Managers, Sales Operations Team, Sales Directors, Project Management and other internal departments.
- Ensuring the effective execution of the services provided by the Proposal Team.
- Participates in the Commercial management team tasks related to strategy, planning, budgeting and cross-departmental issues.
- Develops, initiates and coordinates Proposal activities involving other Covance business units, ensuring best-practice sharing and increased ease of doing business across Covance.
- Continues to refine Sales training curriculum, and RFI and NSSO processes.
- Instills a culture of continuous improvement, quality and productivity.
- Develops, monitors, and improves department metrics.
Leads Proposal staff, including but not limited to:
- Leading by example to build a culture within the team that is focused on high-quality service delivery to our clients.
- Directing, coordinating, and monitoring progress to ensure achievement of Global Client Services team goals.
- Completing thorough, timely and well-documented performance evaluations for direct reports and ensuring evaluations are completed for all Proposal staff.
- Establishing and monitoring performance objectives for direct reports, providing continuous feedback and taking corrective action where appropriate. Ensuring the same is followed for all Proposal staff.
- Building effective Proposal management team
- Identifying appropriate successors for all key roles within Global Client Services.
Monitors and manages client concerns and issues and takes appropriate, effective action to resolve in a timely manner.
Effective and timely adherence to management communications, meetings and procedures.