Technical Team Supervisor
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting for our technical administration team in Geneva and are currently seeking to hire a Technical Team Supervisor to help support the team manage and supervise the operations of the technical team.
This is a full time position, based in our Geneva office.
About the Job
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation to successfully implement and execute project plans to achieve agreed upon service levels.
- Manage the workload balance within the technical team
- Ensure the seamless integration of Global Project Management & Data Services
- Ensure the activities and outcomes of the Technical Team are achieved according to the Global Project Management & Data Services goals
- Develop, implement, monitor and manage performance metrics and take corrective action when appropriate.
- Ensure the consistent implementation, use and review of SOPS’s
- Identify and lead the implementation of technologies and process improvements to meet or exceed current and anticipated business and client requirements
- Instill and manage a culture of continuous improvement, quality and productivity
- Manage and supervise staff including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and monitor progress to ensure achievement of Global Project Management & Data Services goals
- Proactively consult with Project Management supervisor/manager to ensure client deliverables are met
- Day-to-day management and supervision of individual team members
- Complete thorough, timely and well-documented performance evaluations and interim progress reviews.
- Establish and monitor performance objectives for direct reports and take corrective action when appropriate
- Provide performance feedback for technical staff to upper management
- Identify appropriate successors/deputies for all key roles within the Technical Team
- Monitor, track, manage and ensure resolution of all customer complaints, issues and concerns.
- Coordinate with global counterpart in order to ensure global processes.
- Effective and timely adherence to management communications, meetings and procedures
- Accountable for the effective management of the Technical Team budget
- Comply with Global Data Services strategy
- Work across CCLS departments and Covance business units to remove barriers and optimize client delivery consistent with perspective of one Covance
- Participate in team tasks related to planning, budgeting and Global Data Services issues
- Translate client requirements to Technical Team in order to meet client expectations
- Coach and advise members of the Technical Team
To be successful in this position, you will need to :
- Four (4) years of Covance CLS experience or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strong understanding of drug development process (eg, clinical trials). Central laboratory expertise.
- Demonstrated coaching/mentoring and people development capability.
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative and ability to work collaboratively across cultures
- Fluent in English and French
- Demonstration of strong leadership and teamwork capabilities indicative of being able to develop into higher levels of leadership and influence.
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proven record of driving continuous improvement
- A high degree of initiative and ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in team building, influencing and conflict resolution
- Strong change management
- Strong contribution to teamwork
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with clinical trial development
- Other required work-related experiences.
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.