Covance Food Safety Documentation Coordinator
Play a pivotal role in the food solutions industry and grow your career
Are you interested in making a real scientific impact through your everyday work? Would you enjoy working in a team-focused environment as you explore unique career opportunities?
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the food solutions and drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance, formerly National Food Laboratories, as a Document Coordinator for the Microbiology Food Safety division in the Livermore, California.
In this role you will draft protocols and help ensure documentation and testing is in compliance with client requirements as well as regulatory standards. If you have writing experience in a technical field and are looking for a path forward to food safety project management, then this is the position for you. You will also be expected to:
- Compile analytical information from laboratory groups- Responsible for report productions through finalization, including archival of data as appropriate.
- Participate in and assist Project Leader with pre-initiation and other study related meetings and monitoring
- Maintain well-documented, organized and up-to-date study folders/files including study schedules, protocol/report, and correspondence.
- Assist with external and client audits and client comments- Submit audit responses for approval, as appropriate. Follows up with appropriate personnel to ensure that all necessary report/raw data clarifications are completed within the specified time lines.
- Responsible for report productions through finalization, including archival of data as appropriate.
- Assists with routine client visits and data transfer to clients, as requested.
- Assists with business administration/department metrics
- Update and maintain project tracking systems, as appropriate.
In this role, you will transfer, set up and perform complex analysis using unfamiliar or new methods in a variety of matrices while ensuring that client programs meet regulatory expectiations. You will also be expected to:
- Perform method development, optimization, and validation of various analytes. Writes reports, protocols, and SOPs, and evaluate suggestions for modifications to test methods and procedures.
- Lead project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work
- Initiate, drive, implement and directs others in process improvement initiatives.
- Participate / leads client visits as needed, and communicate technical information.
- Drive the assessment and qualification of new equipment and instrumentation as appropriate
What we’re looking for...
Document Coordinators are the most successful at Covance with:
- A bachelors degree in the life sciences or a program with an emphasis in writing (ex. English or Journalism)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current food regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as, service skills (internal and external) including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality and communication skills.
- Skilled in concise writing. Writing should require little external review or edit.
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, composition, and spelling according to company standard conventions.
- Efficient use of word processing software, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software programs.
- Efficient in managing time and prioritizing.
Thrive personally and professionally at Covance
Working at Covance, you’ll continue to grow in our learning-based culture so you’ll know how to expertly respond and adapt as the industry continues to evolve. Here, you’ll put your education to work as you play a meaningful role in advancing healthcare.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. This includes 21 days of personal time off, 7 paid holidays, medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance.