The Senior Accountant position is located in the Covance Madison, Wisconsin Office.
A sign-on bonus is available for this position when joining the Covance team!
The Senior Financial Accountant ideally has 3 to 6 years of experience and performs advanced level accounting activities in the areas of general ledger and financial reporting, expense analysis, capital projects, audit, and other related functions in a large company environment.
- Performs regular general ledger and period end closing responsibilities including, but not limited to, journal entries, review of expenses, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, quarterly SEC schedules, account reconciliations, and other financial schedules or analyses as assigned.
- Analyzes budget vs. actual performance data; assists with interpretation and analysis of reports.
- Prepares quarterly fluctuation analysis (income statement & balance sheet).
- Prepares annual tax schedules as required by Corporate.
- Assists with regular review of account reconciliations and resolution of outstanding items.
- Assists with the development and implementation of financial policies and internal controls.
- Performs measures to monitor and control capital expenditures and fixed assets.
- Assists with the coordination of work requirements for all external, internal, and special audits.
- Assists with the preparation of semiannual budgets.
- Provides expertise in sales and use tax accounting.