Senior Financial Accountant - Madison, WI
Perform senior level accounting activities in the areas of general ledger and financial reporting, expense analysis, capital projects, audit, and other related functions.
Assist the Controller by performing analysis activities and by assisting with ongoing closing and reporting functions for Covance Laboratories.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Performs regular general ledger and period end closing responsibilities including, but not limited to, journal entries, review of expenses, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, quarterly SEC schedules, account reconciliations, and other financial schedules or analyses as assigned.
- Analyzes budget vs. actual performance data; assists with interpretation and analysis of reports.
- Prepares quarterly fluctuation analysis (income statement & balance sheet).
- Prepares annual tax schedules as required by Corporate.
- Assists with regular review of account reconciliations and resolution of outstanding items.
- Assists with the development and implementation of financial policies and internal controls.
- Performs measures to monitor and control capital expenditures and fixed assets.
- Assists with the coordination of work requirements for all external, internal, and special audits.
- Assists with the preparation of semiannual budgets.
- Provides expertise in sales and use tax accounting.