COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting for our Central Laboratory Services in Geneva and are currently seeking to hire a Business Analyst to help support the team in the design, development, implementation, management and support of Business Intelligence solutions.
This is a permanent position, based in our Geneva, Switzerland or Indianapolis, USA office.
About the Job
The Business Analyst is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of Business Intelligence solutions to meet identified business needs. And also:
- Designs and develops pre-defined dashboards and reports or self-service reporting capabilities.
- Deploy and manage Business Intelligence monitoring service applications.
- Analyze and understand business needs to define and recommend solutions that deliver value to stakeholders.
- Ensure the solution is delivered within the required time frame and that it meets with the business requirements.
- Handle routine tasks needed in the different solutions developed and maintained by Business Intelligence Center.
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Deep understanding of how to access and manage data required to support business and analysis requirements.
- Deep understanding of diverse business intelligence tools and technologies. Using a palette of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining, analytic applications, corporate performance management, reporting or custom business intelligence applications.
- Design and build reports and analyses in various Business Intelligence solutions.
- Work with several large and complex SQL databases.
- Transition developed solutions to the Operations and Support teams:
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of tools for both external and internal users.
- Oversee ad-hoc and operational reports.
- Ensure routine tasks in the different solutions developed and maintained by Business Intelligence Center are executed.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be educated to Bachelor degree or 3-5 years of equivalent Covance experience
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- 3 years of analytics and data mining work experience
- Advanced level computer skills; Usage and experience in programming logic and database structures for .NET, Web, WinForms, WPF, SOA, ETL and Access products.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Access applications
- Proven ability to write and execute moderate to complex SQL queries
- Conversant with databases and database terminology
- Strong and proven ability to use computer and office software applications
- International business experience
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.