The Immunology Head in the Biomarker Solutions Center is responsible for providing tactical and strategic project leadership developing priorities and processes, liaising with clients and building the Biomarker Solutions Center. This is a Worldwide position and can be based out of one of our sites or remote. Responsibilities will include the following:
Tactical leadership on Immunology in the Biomarker Solutions Center (BSC):
- Develops internal process for Immunology disease linked biomarkers solutions
- Works with clients to provide expert advice on biomarker selection, characterization and development for their clinical trials in a timely fashion
- Interacts with LabCorp/Covance technology groups to assure appropriate lead scientist are established to direct the assay development and implementation of the biomarkers in clinical research studies, including clinical trials
- Develops internal contacts to rapidly assess the incoming proposals and provide on time response to clients’ needs
- Supports Companion Diagnostics (CDx) by working with the existing SMEs and Business Development staff,
- Supports integrated sales, and patient recruitment strategic initiatives
- Supports the management of the budget and resourcing for the overall program developing and implementing plans for maintaining a database of the Company’s testing capabilities that can be used as a resource for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures that BSC team members are developed in accordance with their aspirations and the Company’s needs, and connecting the team with like professionals throughout Covance/LabCorp to encourage networking and collaboration
Strategic Project Leadership for Immunology BSC:
- Contributes to the overall strategy and direction, including adapting and modifying objectives based on deep knowledge of the subject matter, feedback of team members and other stakeholders, and being focused entirely on this program.
- Proactively establishes capabilities in areas of greatest needs
- Partners with LabCorp/Covance business units, medical and scientific leaders to understand and communicate BSC solutions in Immunology.
- Provides scientific input into the development of a long-term product strategy roadmap for Immunology, informed by client needs and competitive offerings.
- Provides scientific input into defining value propositions for multiple audiences, including: clients, investigators, and patients.
- Assesses and monitors strategic position and marketplace presence of key competitors in Immunology across all Covance business areas.