Are you ready to redefine what’s possible, and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in our patient’s lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Essential Position Duties:
The Physician Assistant will provide an information service and knowledge base on the clinical aspects of clinical trials in Clinical Pharmacology. In addition, he/she may act as a sub-investigator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform physical examinations/medical histories, and other participant assessments as delegated by the Medical Director.
- Interact with regulatory bodies as are meaningful to the operations department.
- Assume responsibility as technical advisor to the clinical teams and various departments within Clinical Pharmacology.
- Maintain and further develop facilities and processes relevant to operations.
- May perform clinical feasibility review of new proposals.
- Oversee and direct the development/implementation of quality systems to ensure good clinical practices are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with FDA/GCP/ICH regulations.
- May assist operations and client managers with Sponsor visits and interactions as appropriate.
- Ensure safe working practices/environment is employed and maintained.
- Recommend changes as necessary and justify them in accordance with company policy.
- Attend investigator meetings as appropriate.
- Serves as an educational resource and instructor/trainer for staff.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Successfully completed the National Certification Requirements for Physician Assistant (NCCPA). Currently certified to practice (PA-C).
- Approximately 3-5 years related experience.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.