About this Opportunity
Managerial and Leadership duties and responsibilities:
- Supervises the day to day production and non-production activities of the local departmental employees.
- Directly monitors the quality of testing services provided by employees under his/her supervision.
- Assigns appropriately trained personnel and ensures sufficient number of staff are available to complete the workload.
- Schedules department personnel appropriately to match the demands of the daily workflow with in the supervised area.
- Provides direct supervision to employees, including assignments, technical and behavioral performance counseling, and troubleshooting.
- Schedules and supervises all non-production activities and obligations of her/his area, such as validations, surveys, etc.
- Provides support as required to the department manager to assist in the fulfillment of his/her responsibilities, including acting as manager, upon delegation, during absences.
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assures quality and timely performance of both production and non-production activities under supervision.
- Reports performance and results against targets and global standards.
- Ensures regulatory compliance within his/her supervision.
- Communicates all production and non-production standards, guidelines and information to the supervised staff.
- Ensures on-time delivery of performance reports (PT, QC/PM, Internal and External QC) and responses to inquiries from other functional areas.
- Participates in and supports client visits, audits and inquiries, as necessary, to ensure complete fulfillment of requests and interests.
- Recruits, trains, and contributes to retention efforts of employees.
- Conducts technical training and development of staff as needed.
- Supports the departmental manager in assessing and meeting the resource needs.
- Supports the development of plans to meet future resource needs.
- Evaluates the performance of employees.
- Works with department manager to establish training plans for the supervised staff.
- Supports the manager in employee evaluations and development plans.
Essential External Client-related Job Duties:
- Supports marketing and sales as needed in their efforts to meet specific client requests for testing services.
- Perform other duties as required, including testing of patient samples in areas of competence.