Patient-Reported Outcomes Director
Are you ready to discover your extraordinary potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in patients’ lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy, innovative & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work is meaningful and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Essential Position Duties:
The Director leads client engagements and takes scientific responsibility for project completion and oversees all aspects of project execution including study teams. He/she is responsible for strategic consultation and for use of the best methods to address research needs. The Director is able to oversee multiple projects over extended time horizons. He/she actively participates in marketing and sales including client development and relationship management.
- Understands client needs: Defines the engagement through application of expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods. Advises on best methods for meeting project objectives as well as those that will not meet client goals. Ensures that project deliverables are of high scientific quality.
- Regulatory Strategy: Apply knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines to help clients develop regulatory submissions, prepare for regulatory meetings and attend regulatory meetings with clients if requested.
- Develop and maintain Client Relationships: Meet with clients as needed to discuss project progress, review findings and direction of research, confirm needs, ensure quality deliverables, escalate issues as required. Consider and suggest additional work to support client needs.
- Market and Sell Services: Contact and call on potential clients to explain the capabilities of Covance in collaboration with Sales and Marketing. Find opportunities to refer business to other groups or business units within Covance.
- Prepare Proposals: Review and revise draft proposals and budgets in response to client requirements following standard formats.
- Direct Project Teams: Direct study teams in executing projects, including mid-level and junior staff. Set expectations, guide activities, manage and mentor staff as needed.
- Manage Project Deliverables: Reviews and revises written memos, correspondence, and reports; conducts in-person presentations for clients. Manage internal timelines to ensure that deliverables meet client timelines.
- Manage Project Financial Health: Manage project budget and internal staff hours to not exceed contracted budget. Manage scope creep or out of scope work. .
- Lead and Manage Staff: Assumes leadership role in the firm, playing an active role in the setting of firm policies. Acts as an advisor to less experienced consulting staff, orienting them on firm policies and career development objectives.
- Provide Leadership: Work within the consulting division, and across CMA, to participate in strategic discussions and set strategic direction.
- Scientific Expertise: Develops and presents internal scientific trainings. Actively supports development of new service offerings
- Process: Continuously evaluate processes and areas for improvement, leading development of new process.