Covance is seeking a Pathology Study Technician for its Greenfield, IN site.
Perform advanced necropsy and/or histology laboratory procedures including but not limited to: dissection, tissue collection/preservation, fresh tissue trimming, sample collection, data entry, tissue weights, coordinate unscheduled activities, prosection, perfusions, assay specific requirements, and electronic QC, in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines. Will perform administrative roles within department. Knowledgeable of inter-site processes and procedures and can identify gaps for process excellence. Serve as a resource for others in an area of specific focus. Must know correct anatomic terms.
Job duties in this role also include:
• Learn and understand protocols and amendments
• Maintains a safe and clean work environment
• Identify issues and notify appropriate personnel
• Communicate in a timely and effective manner with peers, clients (internal) and management when needed
• Participate in continuing education opportunities
• Demonstrates flexibility to multitask
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
|Applicants for this role must attend the career fair/presentations events during Spring 2018 at the following universities: UW Madison, UW Platteville, UW LaCrosse, UW River Falls, Purdue, Michigan State; and must be a current student with intentions to graduate within 12 months of the university event in order to be considered for this role.|
Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level is preferred, but not required.
Must be able to work in animal room environments.
Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
Appropriate PPE required.
Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs.
Must be able to wear respirators.
May work with potentially hazardous substances or radioactive chemicals.
Overtime and weekend work as required.
Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.