Food Project Microbiologist - Process Validation
50% Travel to Client sites
Do you have a degree in Food Microbiology but also have an interest in Food Engineering? Do you have that technical side that loves to understand how machinery works? Then you should be passionate about our Project Microbiologist job based in Livermore, CA.
The Project Microbiologist partners and collaborates with food and beverage manufacturers to insure new technologies and equipment is in compliance with FDA regulations before it can be sold to customers or importers. Do you like to get out and interact with clients’ onsite? This position includes broad travel to client sites for process validation.
Covance Food Solutions, LabCorp offers an expanded range of industry-leading services to the global food, beverage, dietary supplement and agricultural industries. See why 15 of the top 20 global food manufacturers and the USDA all choose Covance.
Responsibilities for the Food Project Microbiologist include:
- Provides technical/scientific guidance to the laboratory as well as other areas of the company.
- Consults with clients to determine technical requirements and to suggest plans to accomplish these needs. Implements scientific recommendations provided to clients.
- Assesses interest and feasibility of research projects requiring a high degree of creativity and technical organization.
- Discusses technical problems or scope changes with the client, suggests solutions and actions to resolve problems.
- Design routine to moderately complex research projects.
- Conduct thermos-bacteriology tests, pathogen challenge studies and cause of spoilage and commercial sterility studies.
- Maintain project, laboratory and experimental records.
- Maintain instruments and equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment.
- Monitors, evaluates, and reviews scientific performance of assays.
- Authors scientific papers which are published in peer reviewed journals or presented at scientific meetings.
- Performs scientific mentoring activities (e.g. training study specific techniques, assisting with complex analytical work/problem solving).
- Assists with marketing of Nutritional Chemistry and Food Safety programs as required.
- Perform review of current and new written methods as well as updating method summaries for these methods. Assesses technical validity of reviewed methods and suggests changes for improved efficiency and method performance.
- Reviews method validation reports for scientific accuracy and completeness.
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of the department.
Build your skills at Covance
With the growing interest within the food industry, join Covance to grow your career where you can retire.
We offer very competitive benefits that will look after you. Your benefit package includes medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance.