Covance is hiring a Formulations Specialist to join their global Flow Cytometry team in Brentwood, TN.
If you have at least one year of laboratory experience and a Bachelor's in a Life Science, you meet the requirements for this position. (Flow Cytometry experience is preferred, yet not required.)
This is a great way to grow your career with a global leader and work with top talent in your field!
We offer an excellent benefit package including Tuition Reimbursement.
The Formulations Specialist is responsible for assisting in all tasks associated with manufacturing reagents and chemicals used for patient testing in Covance Central Laboratory, our exploratory testing laboratories and for all tasks associated with the manufacturing of reagents and chemicals for use in all flow cytometry based exploratory clinical trials.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Performs titrations of fluorescently conjugated antibodies and quality control of formulated fluorescent products utilizing flow cytometry.
- Ensure day to day function of lab and all documentation is within compliance and all applicable regulatory SOPs.
- Manufactures reagents, chemicals and laboratory testing products for use in patient testing by following manufacturing SOPs.
- Performs QC testing and files the data signed-off on manufacturing documentation on all key componentry and manufactured products according to SOP.
- Fills out, reviews and signs off on Manufacturing Batch Record Forms according to SOP.
- Monitors the status of, and performs the necessary procedures to dispose of and replace any expiring materials, including key componentry, manufactured products and other reagents according to SOP.
- Maintains all instrumentation in satisfactory working order by following scheduled preventive maintenance schedules; maintains a clean and orderly manufacturing environment.
- Fills out manufacturing supply re-order forms for all consumables, reagents and supplies necessary to manufacturing department; helps maintain inventory of chemicals and supplies sufficient to manufacture all necessary reagents; helps in quarterly inventory counts and verification.