IMPROVING HEALTH IMPROVING LIVES
We have a Staff Scientist position open in our Immunology & Immunotoxicology(I&I) area at our site in Greenfield, IN. This is a senior-level position that provides scientific support to the I&I Innovation team, Study Direction, Management, Principal Investigators and Contributing Scientists. This role:
- Leads new technical capabilities for Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) group, implements systems/processes, and trains technical personnel after development of the technology.
- Plans and leads I&I scientific discipline within the laboratory and specific scientific application for I&I assay development and validation studies.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, regulatory agency guidelines, and study-specific protocols.
- PhD preferred, or equivalent degree in immunology, immunotoxicology or related field, or Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus 8-10 years of experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Strong knowledge and experience of instrumentation within I & I such as Flow cytometers, ELISPOT, MSD, Luminex, ELISA plate readers
- Flow cytometry, cell based assay analysis or EIA
- Knowledge of GLPs and regulatory agencies is required.
- Knowledge of computer validation process.
- Ability to interact effectively with all staff and management levels.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong English writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications.
Covance is growing - there is no better time to join us!