Provide senior level leadership for the Microbiology and Product Design Businesses in Livermore, CA. The individual is responsible for creating and maintaining facilities which meet internal and external customer requirements, regulatory requirements and good building and maintenance practices. They provide site leadership and direction to the team. In order to effectively support the business, this role requires some technical understanding of food safety/microbiology and/or food science.
- Drives strategic facility development, planning, and improvement to ensure professional image, effective use of facility assets, and profitability consistent with business needs.
- Facilitate and negotiate with service line leaders to resolve space, equipment, or resource/timing issues.
- Provide input to (both operational and capital expenses) and manage site operational budget to targets. Develop and/or provide input to CER’s.
- Ensure safe and efficient building operations in compliance with corporate policies, state and local regulations, and federal regulatory agencies such as OSHA, FDA, CDC, etc.
- Act as direct communication liaison for corporate functions of Facilities, IT, HR, Security, and collaborator with Quality/Safety.
- Responsible for maintaining facilities and systems that support basic building functions with monthly and quarterly inspections:
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Communications systems (IT, LAN, Internet, Phones)
- Utilities and shared equipment (Electrical, Gas, Water, Waste, Copiers, break room equip)
- Materials (break room and office supplies).
- Provide project management for routine and complex facility projects.
- Supervise facility support team members.
- Create and maintain business continuity plans.
- Act as emergency coordinator; including active member of safety committee and other teams as assigned (e.g., first aid team, hazmat team).
- Conduct site leadership meetings including taking key notes and tracking action items to completion.
- Participate in site audits as management representative.
- Planning and coordinating site wide events for employee relations.
- Establish and implement communication process to formally interact with direct reports, extended staff, customers and senior management.
- Tactically assigns resources (personnel, space, equipment), implements programs, and drives process improvement to assure financial and budget expectations are met.