We are looking to add a Staff Scientist – Metabolite ID and Profiling to our Drug Metabolism team. In this role, you will perform day-to-day technical management of studies. Other job duties would include the following:
• Responsible for the design, conduct and reporting of studies to meet scientific, regulatory and client requirements.
• Review technical validity of projects and results
• Maintain positive control over timing and scheduling issues related to the study process.
• Identification of drug metabolites using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, NMR, and other analytical methodologies.
• Evaluates data for report preparation and experiment modification, as applicable and writes comprehensive reports.
• Quantitative analysis using LC-MS/MS.
• Implements new techniques and instrumentation to improve technical operations.
• Accepts leadership role in troubleshooting and solving challenging bioanalytical and biotransformation problems.
• Prepares scientific reports that document the analytical results and interpretation for the identification of drug metabolites.
• Performs scientific mentoring activities (e.g.; training study specific techniques, assisting with complex analytical work/problem solving, and presenting technique seminars).
• Assesses interest and feasibility of research projects requiring a high degree of creativity and technical organization.
• Conducts both fundamental and general application studies in the areas of bioanalytical chemistry and biotransformation.
• Project management responsibilities, including: client interaction.
• Authors scientific papers, which are published in peer reviewed journals, and presented in scientific meetings.
With two state-of-the-art metabolism laboratories in Madison, Wisconsin, and Harrogate, UK, Covance has helped hundreds of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies select compounds to progress into development. Covance provides a comprehensive range of ADME services to support drug discovery and development programs. At Covance, you can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.