Do you have HT or HTL and ASCP certification? Do you have at least 2 years’ experience using autostainers to perform routine IHC staining?
We are hiring an experienced Histotechnologist for our global Los Angeles team. We are offering a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance when you join the Covance team! This is a great way to grow your career and work with top talent in your field with an industry leader!
The Histotechnologist is accountable for the histology handling/storing of irreplaceable clinical trial specimens. The Histotechnologist supports the various teams of the Specimen Management Center and is a liaison between Specimen Management and others departments. The Histotechnologist will actively liaise with the CCLS project management team, Investigator Support Team and client to resolve and clarify questions and/ or issues related to management and preparation of the histology samples.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize knowledge and experience with histology samples to maintain proper storage conditions and facilitate accessioning of blocks and slides (stained and unstained).
- Routine decalcification, processing, embedding, microtomy and re-embedding of human tissue specimens from patients enrolled in clinical trials.
- Perform Immunohistochemistry testing according to protocols and SOPs.
- Perform slide scanning as required and according to protocols.
- Ensure that Special Handling specimens are picked up from the appropriate area, sorted, accessioned, pre-scanned and registered into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
- Generation and application of specialized labels to include aliquot and/or mini labels with client specific elements.
General duties including but not limited to:
- Resolve pending’s. Retrieve and check specimens against pending list. Document specimen discrepancies. Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
- Prepare workstation, instrumentation and maintenance on instruments and/or equipment daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. Ability to adequately maintain accurate records and both adhere to Standard Operating Procedures:
- Calibrate instruments, verification of temperature, and logging of data as required.
- Ensure that maintenance is performed and documented according to SOP.
- Perform basic instrument and/or equipment troubleshooting.
- Document corrective actions for unusual occurrences.
- Notify management when an instrument and/or equipment does not meet specifications.
- Ability to use different application software.
- Document quality control results.
- Perform proficiency testing survey as patient specimens.
- Reagents, Material and Supplies Monitoring:
- Order, receive, open and place in service all reagents/material according to SOPs.
- Document implementation of new reagents/material according to SOPs.
- Perform lot-to-lot comparison according to SOPS.
- Perform inventory and checks of reagents/material.
- Individual is responsible for maintaining his/her complete up-to-date training file, and is accountable for correcting any deficiencies found in his/her training file.
- Individual is responsible for ensuring he/she is trained and training is documented prior to perform a task.
- Individual successfully completes, as scheduled, competency assessment, and ensures competency testing documentation is provided to management for review.
- May assist in training of new employees and follow-up to ensure training is understood.
- Generates an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation.
Build your skills at Covance
Benefit from our experience generating more clinical trial data than any other central laboratory in the world. You’ll gain exposure to our cutting-edge automated testing systems and advanced technologies while conducting tests that help advance life-changing medicines.
Beyond our $5,000 sign on bonus and relocation assistance, we also offer competitive benefits that look after you. Your benefit package includes medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance. Did we mention 21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)?
Why Medical Technologists choose to work at Covance
- Career advancement in a collaborative setting
- Advanced education and training opportunities
- Exposure to a fast-paced global testing environment