We have a great opportunity for a Senior Staff Scientist – Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease to join our team in Greenfield, IN. In this role, you will develop the strategic plan for existing and new in vivo pharmacology models.
This senior leadership role requires:
- Leadership of in vivo pharmacology programs, on behalf of our clients, to evaluate potential new therapeutics in metabolism disease and its major complications, such as liver disease and caardiovascular dysfunction.
- Frequent client interaction utilizing excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Consulting with clients on innovative plans for development of new therapeutics.
- Good understanding of the current and future metabolic disease development needs in small and larger pharmaceutical companies.
- Developing ways to increase our share of the market for drug discovery support services.
- Providing scientific and technical guidance to other areas of the company to promote innovation and expand Covance scientific and technical presence in the field of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Interaction with senior leaders of our business and scientific activities.
- Experience working with functional areas - such as Medical and Regulatory, to understand the development needs for therapeutics.
- Networking with other business units, including Clinical, Biomarkers, Companion Diagnostics and Genomics to establish the best development programs for clients.
What we’re looking for in you:
- PhD in endocrine or cardiovascular physiology or pharmacology.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Awareness of state of the art in the science and techniques in metabolic and cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology.
- Familiaritywith cardiovascular complications of metabolic disease, and major non-cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology.
- A record of in vivo pre-clinical method/model development to address research questions in metabolic and cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology.
- Skill in data interpretation and writing reports.
- Skill in scientific presentation and preparing scientific publications.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a research setting with laboratory animals.
Why People choose to work at Covance
"At Covance, it’s our people that make us great – it’s what our clients, our partners and, most importantly, what our employees say. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work with extraordinary people with diverse viewpoints. You’ll discover your own outstanding potential as we build an even stronger organization with industry leaders from early development to the clinic and beyond."