Implement global sourcing strategies including spend & market analysis, contribute to strategic development projects, and manage spend categories/programs. Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on assigned categories/subcategories of spend, negotiate new and renewed pricing. Prepares and negotiates in the execution of agreements such as MCSA, IPA, LOIs, NDA, Amendments, and Work Orders among others. Maintains and contributes to contract tracking and supports maintenance of paper and electronic file systems. May also prepare and manage RFQ/P documents. This position requires good communications skills, ability to interpret trends, identify new vendors, negotiating skills, and interaction with leadership teams. Also proven sourcing expertise within global and regional markets, alongside good project management skills and the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Under direction from the Director of Global Procurement, or other Senior Sourcing Leaders, develop and implement or lead highly complex projects, including contracting thereof which benefit Covance through reduced pricing, increased efficiencies, ease of management, or reduced risk
- Manage the vendor relationship, contract and high-level sourcing of top-spend categories where the products, services or vendors are used across multiple sites or business units.
- Provide negotiations on new contracts, contract renewals, and pricing
- Provide strategic sourcing support and customer satisfaction while delivering significant improvements to the business in cost reductions, enhanced revenue opportunities and risk mitigation.
- Responsible for regular maintenance and input of executed agreements into appropriate repositories and tracking systems.
- Suggests improvements to contractual templates on an ongoing basis in response to emerging trends, legal directives and Covance’s risk tolerance.
- Perform market research and spend analysis on specific categories. Interpret analysis and evaluate high spend categories of goods and services to determine where opportunities lie for pricing and contract renegotiations, contract/vendor consolidations, or alternative goods or services evaluations.
- Facilitate sourcing councils consisting of representatives from user groups, finance, and sourcing in order to understand the needs of the end users. Evaluate and negotiate the best goods and services contract and pricing to meet the needs of the end users.
- Prepare and occasionally provide presentations on completed project/category savings and category spend analysis to Leadership and user groups.
- Be process driven and project focused with ability to prioritize and get projects completed in set timeframe.
- Prioritize workload under direction of the Clinical Sourcing Director to meet the changing demands of the business and the market.
- Apply best practices for contract creation, data collection and analysis, risk assessment, stakeholder identification and involvement, total cost of supply, standardization of products and services, contract negotiations, implementation of contracts and change management.
- Work with Global Vendor managers, Project managers, legal and other GVM team members as required and coach & mentor them in support of this role
- This position is an individual contributor role with no direct reports