The Covance Product Design team provides applied research, consultation, and contract product development services for food, beverage, and nutrition and supplement industries. It specializes in the idea generation, rapid prototyping, final formulation, process engineering, product analysis, and commercialization of new products. Covance Food Solutions, formerly International Food Network, is looking to add an Associate Food Scientist to our team.
As a Covance Food Scientist you will apply your expertise to develop new products from conception to plant scale-up and serve as a client liaison.
Thrive personally and professionally at Covance
Working at Covance, you’ll continue to grow in our learning-based culture so you’ll know how to expertly respond and adapt as the industry continues to evolve. Here, you’ll put your education to work as you play a meaningful role in advancing healthcare.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. This includes 21 days of personal time off, 7 paid holidays, medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Food Science or related subject coupled with years of practical experience in food product development from within the food industry (manufacturing, ingredients, etc).
* Highly skilled in conducting new food developments, data interpretation and writing reports.
* Broad category experience.
* Ability to develop basic labels, including ingredient line and nutrition facts panels.
* Some project management skills.
* Ability to conduct review of related literature and references to obtain the required information and subsequently apply it.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Skilled in performing technical presentations.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
1 to 5 years of food industry experience depending on level of education.