Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
The Financial Analyst role be responsible for the financial review and analysis of complex projects. This role will be onsite in Princeton, NJ or Raleigh, NC. Remote based is not an option.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Review, finalize, and analyze Earned Value Analysis (EVA) reports. Customize EVA algorithms for project-specific accuracy.
- Interact with the project director/manager to ensure EVA accuracy and assist the PD/PM manage the financial aspects of the project including but not limited to: identifying out-of-scope (OOS) activities, identifying resourcing issues and identifying the root cause of budget variances, etc.
- Review and analyze cost-to-complete data: provides feedback to PD/PM to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Coordinate identification of OOS, Extra Task Form (ETF) / Change Order (CO) initiation with Contract Management as required.
- Attend and participate in project reviews.
- Interact with Project Specialist to ensure milestones, monthly fees, units, out-of-pocket expenses, and Investigator grants are invoiced in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviews 1st invoice requirements with client and reviews all invoice packages prior to submission to client to ensure the terms of the contract and expectation of the client is met (including project specific backup documentation).
- Assist in client query resolution as required. Writes cover letters for credit memos, refunds, and other invoicing corrections that need to be communicated to the client.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each project's billed advance position.
- Ensure a "what-if” EVA is generated when a project's achievable budget does not equal the official EVA budget.
- Understand the root cause of each project's billed or unbilled position.
- Understand the revenue implications for the billed or unbilled position.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each projects' contract including assumptions, payment schedules, penalty or bonus language, etc.
- Responsible for financial training of operational team as required.