We are looking to add a Staff Scientist – Metabolite ID and Profiling to our Drug Metabolism team. In this role, you will perform day-to-day technical management of studies. Other job duties would include the following:
• Responsible for the design, conduct and reporting of studies to meet scientific, regulatory and client requirements.
• Review technical validity of projects and results
• Maintain positive control over timing and scheduling issues related to the study process.
• Identification of drug metabolites using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, NMR, and other analytical methodologies.
• Evaluates data for report preparation and experiment modification, as applicable and writes comprehensive reports.
• Quantitative analysis using LC-MS/MS.
• Implements new techniques and instrumentation to improve technical operations.
• Accepts leadership role in troubleshooting and solving challenging bioanalytical and biotransformation problems.
• Prepares scientific reports that document the analytical results and interpretation for the identification of drug metabolites.
• Performs scientific mentoring activities (e.g.; training study specific techniques, assisting with complex analytical work/problem solving, and presenting technique seminars).
• Assesses interest and feasibility of research projects requiring a high degree of creativity and technical organization.
• Conducts both fundamental and general application studies in the areas of bioanalytical chemistry and biotransformation.
• Project management responsibilities, including: client interaction.
• Authors scientific papers, which are published in peer reviewed journals, and presented in scientific meetings.
With two state-of-the-art metabolism laboratories in Madison, Wisconsin, and Harrogate, UK, Covance has helped hundreds of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies select compounds to progress into development. Covance provides a comprehensive range of ADME services to support drug discovery and development programs. At Covance, you can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in science required.
PhD degree desired.
Experience may be substituted for education.
Knowledge of GLP and regulatory guidelines.
Proficiency in project management skills.
Ability to conduct literature review.
Skilled in data interpretation and report writing for studies.
Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation, including GC/MS, HPLC and LC/MS.
Skilled in customer service communication.
Bachelors of Science degree: A minimum of 10 years related experience in a laboratory environment, 5 years within the designated field of position.
PhD degree: A minimum of 2 years of related experience in a laboratory environment.