Reporting to the Vice President and Global Therapeutic Area Head (Oncology), or regional Executive Medical Director, the incumbent will function as a leader supporting clinical trials by serving as global lead project physician and as a program level physician across multiple indications for a given compound. Furthermore, he/she will provide subject matter and drug development expertise to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of client programs. The Executive Director will play a key role in people leadership/management, client relations, and business development representing Covance in proposals and industry meetings as needed.
This is a remote home-based role with around 40% global travel.
Incumbent to be based in the EU.
- Contributes to and may lead the development of Company policies involving medical, safety and therapeutics
- Partnering with GCO to develop new and enhance existing client relationships where possible
- Provides leadership and presents medical/scientific capabilities to clients as a participant of a proposal team
- Leverage known and builds new relationships with investigators/sites to performs site/investigator feasibility and to support optimal recruiting and conduct of trials
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of business environment to create new business opportunities
- Serves as point of contact for key clients for business oversight and client relationships
- Present or serve on panels to represent the company at conferences and scientific meetings.
- Provides mentoring to and responsible for the supervision, career development and evaluation of Clinical Research Physicians, Associate Medical Directors, Medical Directors and Senior Medical Directors
- Develops training modules and materials, and provides training in disease states and protocol specific requirements across the Company
- Serves as global lead project physician and as a program level physician across multiple indications for a given compound
- Provides subject matter and drug development expertise to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of the program for the client
- Performs medical data review - Reviews laboratory values, adverse events, coding dictionaries and data tables, listings and figures as needed
- Develops, reviews and revises protocols, case report forms, training materials, project specific tools, analysis plans design, clinical trial reports and new drug applications
- Prepares materials for and actively participates in investigator meetings
- Responsible for medical and safety monitoring on assigned projects
- Participates in feasibility discussions relating to specific project proposals
- Participates in project risk assessment activities