Covance Medical Technologist I
In this role you will serve as a valuable member of Covance's Clinical Pathology studies as a Medical Technologist I. You will perform established procedures for non-clinical testing on toxicology samples in all assigned laboratory disciplines and report results to respective pharmaceutical company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Retrieve and check specimens against pending list. Document and resolve any specimen discrepancies. Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
- Prepare workstation and instrumentation for the assigned testing.
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to SOPs.
- Operate instruments to perform testing in accordance with established written procedures.
- Resolve routine and non-routine assay problems.
- Perform parallel testing, reagent validation, linearity’s, and stability studies.
- Process and ship samples according to study specific instructions.
- Reports the quality control results to the management, troubleshoots, and takes corrective action on questionable or out-of-limit results. Documents all corrective actions and submits them for review by the management.
- Perform maintenance on instruments and equipment daily, weekly, monthly, and document.
- Participates in proficiency testing and maintains a record of on-going competency along with personal training file.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment. Handles hazardous materials, reagents and chemicals in a safe manner according to SOP.
Thrive personally and professionally at Covance
Working at Covance, you’ll continue to grow in our learning-based culture so you’ll know how to expertly respond and adapt as the industry continues to evolve. Here, you’ll put your education to work as you play a meaningful role in advancing healthcare.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. This includes 21 days of personal time off, 7 paid holidays, medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance.