We currently have an opening for a Director of Operations at our site in Alice, TX. Some of the duties include:
- Responsible for the daily oversight of animal and veterinary operations
- Communicate with importation/exportation agencies and regulatory agencies
- Ensure compliance with regulatory affairs, e.g. USDA, CDC, AALAC, USF&W, US Customs
- Point person for client and visitor audits/visits
- Supports Covance and CRP in the management and obtaining of primate contracts
- Achieves/exceeds budgeted revenues and profits in contribution to CRP’s operation
- Direct and manage CRP-TX personnel.
- Support HR initiatives to enhance recruitment and retention
- Determines capital expenditure needs to meet government regulation, expansion, or basic repair/replacement.
- Develops and submits Capital Expenditure Requests (CER’s).
- Supports and implements business development and cost saving initiatives within/for the primate division
- Transform business processes through site process improvement leadership
- Member of Alice, TX IACUC Committee
You will be interacting with:
- Internal- all levels of Corporate Covance and Covance Research Products management, staff and direct reports
- External- clients including pharmaceutical, academic, biotech and government groups at all levels, outside organizations and professional associations, regulatory agencies
- Travel is required: Client & Vendor Visits, Trade Shows, Company meetings/functions.
Come join an industry leader. Apply today!