Project Manager, Oncology
Are you ready to redefine what’s possible, and discover your exceptional potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in our patient’s lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Essential Position Duties
You will lead a core project team, and facilitate team’s ability to lead by ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among team members --including both internal and external partners. The PM Job duties may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director depending on the size and nature of the project.
- Provide project focused leadership across Covance departments, offices, external vendors and clients to deliver corporate and department objectives.
- Dedicatedly identify and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track per contract.
- Proactively utilize both quality control and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, client and Covance requirements.
- Build required project plans, and per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans revising as necessary.
- Proactively lead variance to project plans to bring the study back in line with stated project standards.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- Meet financial performance targets for assigned project(s) and being accountable for budget control across project(s).
- Accurate month-to-month completion of earned value analysis, as assigned, and evaluation and management of billed time to plan to minimize write-off and capitalize on fixed-price gains.
- Proactively identify out of scope activities and execute necessary change orders prior to out-of-scope work being done.
- Ensure project procurement needs are managed appropriately and per Covance SOPs.
- Collaborate with finance to initiate monthly invoicing as assigned.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adhere to professional standards and SOP and are working within the assigned allocation.
- Initiate improvements to improve the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal Project Review meetings. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director.
- Provide performance feedback of team members to respective line managers.
- Define and manage project human resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to appropriate stakeholder(s) inclusive of CAIR and CAPA completion as required while serving as key client contact.
- Establish working relationships with client project teams which result in client happiness, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Prepare and deliver presentations in collaboration with relevant departments for new business as required.
- May have line management responsibilities for the training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff.