Are you ready to redefine what’s possible, and discover your exceptional potential at Chiltern, a Covance company? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in our patient’s lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move. Chiltern, A Covance Company focuses on working with smaller biotech clients who are looking to us to provide key expertise in oncology trial execution.
- You will provide comprehensive detailed grant payment tracking and management of grant funding for each clinical study assigned
- Support, review, and evaluate study protocols to prepare draft budget spreadsheets and provide assistance with the initial drafting of the basic structure of the payment schedule for the payment exhibits contained in the Clinical Trial Agreements
- Lead grant funding through invoicing, and evaluates, processes, disburses and reconciles investigator grant, site IRBs and other payments for various clinical trials
- Assist as needed in the administration of grant disbursements to clinical trial investigators on behalf of sponsors per clinical study agreements
- The Global Grant Administration/Investigator Grants is a specialized department within the Finance Department that provides country specific values for procedures and tasks that are required as per the clinical study protocol and require reimbursement to participating Investigators and Clinical Research sites in clinical studies awarded to Chiltern & or Covance
- The department designs budget spreadsheets using medical coding techniques for RFPs and new studies using a reference data base tool to evaluate protocols provided by sponsors; assign a dollar amount for each procedure based on current pricing values utilized in the medical industry, as well as procedures from previous studies with the same sponsor and/or therapeutic area
- The staff assures that grant management deliverables to sponsor are met on time, within budget, and in accordance with client expectations, Company standards and SOPS, and FDA/ICH guidelines and regulations
Required Education & Experience:
- University/College degree (Business or Accounting preferred)
- Two years work experience in a financial, clinical trial, or grant payment position.
- Strong computer skills with an ability to understand, access and leverage technology alternatives
- Minimum three (3) years transactional accounting (e.g. A/P, Billing, etc.), or relevant financial or clinical trial related experience
- Working knowledge of clinical trial payment process and familiarity with investigator contracts and budgets; previous interaction with operational project teams and investigative sites preferred
- Strong networking abilities and an ability/willingness to work with internal and external partners globally
- Strong analytical skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication / writing skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet skills), aptitude for training, capable of operating standard office equipment (e.g. fax, copier etc.).
- Flexible and adaptable to a developing work environment
- Self-motivation with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail and process oriented
- Positive attitude and approach
- Customer oriented
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.