Sr. Project Manager, Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, and Women’s Health (NOW)
A career at Covance provides our employees the unrivaled chance to create an immediate impact and difference in our patient’s lives. Joining Covance will offer a rewarding career, a chance to work in a high-energy & team oriented work place, and access to competitive benefits. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and a vast array of career options, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. As a Covance employee, your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Essential Position Duties:
At times working under the guidance of a Project Director; the Senior Project Manager (SPM) leads and manages domestic, regional and/or international projects. Responsibilities typically include developing and managing project teams, communications, risk, scope, schedule, cost, quality, and partners, effectively ensuring that variance from plan is proactively and effectively mitigated and client expectations are met. The SPM is expected to have an expert working understanding edge of drug development and clinical trial execution.
- Serve as key client contact for assigned projects, establishing working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead, ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members --including both internal and external stakeholders. Depending on size and scope of project(s), this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project Director.
- Serve as escalation point for project issues to stakeholders.
- Actively identify and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and respective budgets.
- Monitor project scope, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track with the contract and with financial performance targets. Initiate and implement appropriate actions to proactively lead the change control process both internally and externally.
- Lead both quality control and risk assurance activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, Covance and client requirements.
- Build and lead variance to required project plans. Per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary. Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs, providing performance feedback to team member’s respective supervisors.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the critical metrics are within scope of the project contract.
- Define and run project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Liaise with relevant departments to prepare and deliver presentations for new business as required.