The Commercial Training Manager is responsible for driving efficiency and effectiveness within the commercial organization. This position will play a critical role in supporting global commercial effectiveness efforts for sales and marketing. Critical success factors for this role include: implementation of new sales hire training, support of marketing service launches, ongoing training needs assessment and facilitation, field engagement, sales process, understanding key trends and requirements to maximize productivity and general Covance business knowledge of services and capabilities for Central Labs Services (CLS). This role is in our Central Laboratory Services in Indianapolis, IN.
Critical success factors for this role include: execution of organizational initiatives, support of marketing service launches, training needs assessment, field engagement, cross functional integration, sales process, process excellence acumen, understanding key trends and requirements to maximize productivity.
Essential Job Duties:
- Collaborate closely with assigned BU (CLS) to establish a clear and balanced understanding of top productivity enablers and barriers; create and implement training tools/resources/materials to replicate successes and remove barriers.
- Recommend and develop consistent / harmonized approach for skills review, development needs, and training. Incorporate feedback from Management to assess and address knowledge gaps
- Working with Management to identify areas for improvement within the team.
Best Practices & Communication
- Work directly with leadership to establish and communicate key commercial effectiveness initiatives and best practices; Collaborate with Sales Management to establish a clear and balanced understanding of top productivity enablers and barriers.
- Drive and reinforce use of Salesforce.com (SFDC) across commercial team through business standards and execution of best practice; liaison with Salesforce.com team for training support and ongoing tool needs / enhancements for assigned business
BU Commercial Project Management & Meeting Support
- Facilitate sales and marketing collaboration and communication for the sales meetings, service launches including training, reinforcement and best practice
- Manage and drive sales meeting agendas under direction of commercial leadership
- Manage activity to support field sales client engagement for site visits, facility tours, and territory support needs
Commercial Business Unit Training & Commercial Support
- Lead and ensure execution of corporate and organizational objectives. Focus areas include: commercial effectiveness initiatives, product / service launches, kick offs, skill enhancement, voice of the field, cross- functional team integration, best practice sharing and process development.
- Identify learning resources and motivational learning activities aligned with best practice and effectiveness initiatives. Develop and execute engaging and compelling learning activities for sales meetings.
- Facilitate new hire on boarding and training activity under direction of Director Commercial Training & Development and hiring manager; Audit training of new employees to ensure consistency and applied knowledge.
- Participate in Global Commercial Organization Projects.