Covance is seeking a Hematopathologist to join the Central Laboratory Services team in our Indianapolis, IN campus. Reporting to the Sr. Medical Director, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for diagnostic interpretation of hematopathology and general anatomic pathology biopsy material, peripheral blood smears and Flow Cytometry analyses.
The Hematopathologist will work out of our Indianapolis facility and a part-time schedule is an option.
Primary responsibilities include;
- Review and approve validation documents and Standard Operating Procedures related to new assays and instrumentation
- Provides technical training and performs competency assessment for operational staff
- Ensures the quality performance of all technical services associated within area of expertise
- Provides consultancy on regulatory requirements in area of expertise and participates to regulatory compliance of all technical services provided within area of expertise
- Performs complex troubleshooting and assists in leading initiatives to solve challenging scientific problems with assays or instrumentation
- Collaborates with operational leaders to evaluate and assess new technology and new assay capabilities
- Provides technical/scientific consultation to both internal clients (Sales support, Project Management) and external clients to assist with issues and problem solving
- Participate in vendor scientific relationships to troubleshoot issues and improve capabilities
- Participates in client visits, audits and inquiries when needed and interacts with clients and prospective clients to discuss technical/scientific issues, ensure effective communication and maintain relationships
- Presentations to clients and professional groups