Covance is hiring a Medical Technologist I to join their global Genomics team in Indianapolis, IN.
Excellent 2nd Shift Opportunity to become specialized in Genomics with an industry leader and work with top talent in your field.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance.
Tuition Reimbursement and 21 Paid Days off per year.
Discover why Covance is a great place to grow your career with and work with top talent in your field.
Build your skills at Covance
Benefit from our experience generating more clinical trial data than any other central laboratory in the world. You’ll gain exposure to our cutting-edge automated testing systems and advanced technologies while conducting tests that help advance life-changing medicines.
Covance offers competitive benefits that look after you. Your benefit package includes medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance. Did we mention 21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)?
Why Medical Technologists choose to work at Covance
- Career advancement in a collaborative setting
- Advanced education and training opportunities
- Exposure to a fast-paced global testing environment
The Medical Technologist I – Genomics will perform the following:
- Perform assigned clinical laboratory testing accurately and in a timely manner.
- Resolve pendings.
- Prepare workstation and instrumentation for the assigned testing.
- Properly handle specimens and independently resolve technical specimen issues in preparation for analysis and specimen storage.
- Operate instruments to perform testing in accordance with established written procedure
- Performs routine testing and calculations as required.
- Resolve routine and non-routine assay problems.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Data for review by management.
- Document quality control results. .
- Document corrective action for unusual occurrences (e.g. QC violations, instrument related problems).
- Analyze proficiency testing survey samples as patient specimens
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents/materials according to SOPs.
- Perform inventory control of supplies and reagents as approved by management.
Result Entry (Auto-verification and manual entry)
- When data is manually entered (e.g. QC, patient data) ensure peer review is performed and documented prior to the release of results.
- Prepare proper documentation of test results and enter into the information system.
- Generate an appropriate audit trail for all activities.
- Document and communicate any result reporting problems or inconsistencies to laboratory management.
- Complete testing within the expected turn around time to meet customers’ expectations.
Ensures maintenance of instruments and equipment is performed according to manufacturer and SOP requirements, and documented according to SOP.
- Perform basic instrument and equipment troubleshooting.
- Perform pipette calibrations.
- Notify laboratory management when an instrument or equipment does not meet specifications.
- Comply with regulatory guidelines and Covance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Individual is responsible for maintaining his/her complete up-to-date training file.
- The individual successfully completes, as scheduled competency assessment.
- Competently performs department duties as set forth in the department training checklist(s).
- May assist in training new employees and follows-up to ensure training is understood.
- Attends, as scheduled, department, mandatory, and other meetings and training, as required according to training matrices
Work to achieve partnership with both internal customers and external clients by: