We are seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Librarian to join our team in Gaithersburg, MD. This is a great opportunity for a current MLS student looking to gain experience in a corporate setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the acquisition and evaluation of information resources (databases, online subscriptions, some print resources) including communicating the value of the tools to ensure ROI.
- Responsible for ensuring quality deliverables from vendors.
- Manage local collection development and operational policies and procedures, with guidance from the Corporate Librarian.
- Participate in the acquisition of information resource s for client projects, CMA divisions, and the local collection. Maintain and IRC collection of paper and electronic materials that meets the information needs of CMA divisions.
- Design standardized reporting templates and structures across information resource systems to aid in the training and knowledge of both new and existing CMA employees.
- Ensure the timely payment of vendor invoices based on resource usage and contractual obligations.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of the Information Resources Website and CMA Experience database.
- Deliver services for individuals in various time zones, within budgetary constraints.
- Respond to requests related to Information Resources via the centralized mailbox.
- Ability and willingness to present at internal meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.