The role of the Environmental Health & Safety Manager is to provide EHS leadership and direction and minimize EHS related risk for up to several sites within a business unit within a given region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees EHS operations for 1 or more Covance locations within a business unit.
- Manages up to (5) direct reports and up to (5) indirect reports.
- Manage and administer environmental, health, and safety programs to meet regulatory requirements, corporate initiatives and company objectives.
- Promote a positive safety culture throughout the site organization.
- Partner with site management to ensure applicable EHS related goals (accident rates, training participation, etc.) and regulatory requirements (assessments, plans, training, etc.) are satisfied.
- Administer accident prevention and reduction programs, ensuring that accidents are reported and assessed to in a punctual manner.
- Ensure medical care is provided to work related injuries and illnesses and manage worker’s compensation cases, where applicable.
- Manage the EHS department within the site’s designated fiscal EHS budget.
- Perform applicable supervisory duties for the EHS Department, including a full range of recruitment and performance evaluation activities, schedules work, prepares training plans, and guide career development.
- Development and implementation of training solutions to ensure that employees and Covance partners are aware of potential risks and understand how to perform their tasks in a safe and environmentally responsible manner,
- Monitor EHS related regulatory developments and determine applicability to the site.
- Acts as or appoint Chemical Hygiene Officers, EHS Program Administrators, Technical Lead, and any other relevant positions as applicable.
- Implement strategies to effectively assess and prevent applicable EHS related risks (waste management, fire protection, infectious disease, etc.).
- Respond to site EHS related emergency situations, including fires, explosions, chemical release, medical, etc.
- Act as the liaison between Covance and regulatory authorities during site inspections
- Partner with Facilities, architects, and other groups to ensure site construction/renovation activities incorporate EHS related considerations.
- Work with contracted insurance agencies (broker, worker’s compensation, property loss, etc.) to continually improve EHS programs via hosting inspections and implementing recommendations.
- Assist the corporate EHS leadership team as requested.
- May function as a member or leader of EHS audit team.
- Support Human Resources Programs as requested.
- Assist in Client, and regulatory inspections as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Salary range: $80,000-90,000/year