Covance Research Assistant II - BioA
Covance wants you! Covance is the world’s largest CRO, offering a variety of career opportunities and growth potential in the world of drug discovery. Jumpstart your career and make a positive impact in biopharmaceuticals by joining our large-molecule, BioAnalysis laboratory in Chantilly, VA.
We are seeking a Research Assistant II with at least 3 years of immunossay experience with ELISA, ligand binding assay and/or cell culture. Some Method development experience preferred.
Analyzes biological or chemical samples and/or develops/validates methodologies for various compounds and components in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
- Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
- Performs quality control review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of problems.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Assists in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices.
- Makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Ability to serve as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with supervision.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Trains and assists less experienced staff.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in writing reports, methods, protocols and SOPs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.